Crazt Speedometer activity 1990 740T Sedan

There is a little wire that comes out the back of the differential, this is the speedo signal cable. There is a reluctor plate inside the diff, and sends pulses (hall effect) to a frequency to voltage converter IC, basically, it is possible that this wire isn't working well (bad connection somewhere) and this could be affecting the Anti-lock light to be on, someone else posted something like this as well.

Check that wire from underneath to make sure it is in good shape, if it is, a more thorough test would be required. If you live anywhere near Toronto, I wouldn't suggest Robert Motors.

Keep us posted with details, cheers.

Reply to
Jfet

I had all my brakes done maybe 2 months ago. Front calipers, rotors, pads, back pads.

Now the Anti-lock light is on.

My Speedometer is behaving very strangely. Jumping around like crazy. After a long drive it calms down and then starts jumping around whenever I go over bumps.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Matt

Reply to