D5 diesels coming to USA?

Has anyone heard/read when/if the D5 could come to the US?

I'd really consider a new D5 V70 or maybe an XC90.

Thanks

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

I don't think they are unfortunatly, they've been around in Europe for years and still haven't made it here.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I would give my left arm for a worthy successor to my 82 240GL Diesel! Looks like I'm going to have to hold out for a good 740 Turbodiesel instead... yeesh those are getting rare.

Anyone know if any of the Volvo sedans come with the D5 offering?

Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Yeah Mike, in UK we get the S60 D5, V70 D5, S80 D5 and XC90 D5. Incidentally the VW V10 is awesome and then some!! Some 750Nm (553 lbsft) torque at 2,000 rpm and maxing out at around 313 PS (newest European measurement for horsepower). The Mercedes-Benz has only 444 Nm (327 lbsft) from an engine 45 cc (2.75 cu ins bigger!) and rated at 296 PS.

Cheers, Peter.

: > >

: > > > I'd really consider a new D5 V70 or maybe an XC90. : > > >

: > > > Thanks : > > >

: > > >

: > >

: > >