tailgate window washer pump U/S.

Hi,

'93 240 wagon tailgate window washer pump doesn't work. Electrics OK. Is the pump replaceable? It seems to be permanently attached to the washer fluid tank frame, along with the windshield washer pump.

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

The bracket has keyhole slots that slide and lock over plastic studs on the washer bottle. Pull up on the pump to release it, and it may take more force to do this than you think.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks Mike,

I'll limber up and start pulling................

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

Hi Mike,

Piece o' cake! and after the pump was out on the bench, connected to a 12V supply, it emitted a faint buzzing sound. However after a little "manipulation" it suddenly burst into life and spurted out a little fluid (which may have contained something else......). The pump is now back in the car, "in good working order" (as Harry Lauder said when asked if anything was worn under his kilt).

Thanks again, Mike. Andy I. (Have you seen the price of these things at the dealer?!!!)

Reply to
brackenburn