door anser with dect phone

I would like to have a door intercom system linked to a dect phone.

From what I can gather, the door entry systems at

should do this.

However, I have not found much detail on how this works.

I wonder if anyone on the group has any experience of this or similar systems.

My requirements for the system are:-

Pushing button at door to ring dect handset, hopefully with different ring tone to a phone call.

To be able to talk to caller at door.

Also, just wonder what happens if the door intercom is pushed when handset is engaged on a phone call?

Reply to
Keith Barrett

Is this intercom to be used while driving, or only when stopped?

Reply to
Michael Pardee

You mean a residential system, right?

We have one. It rings on all phones in the home with a distinctive ring (4 short rings) and uses a "call alert" type of tone when the phone line is already engaged. You can then converse with the person at the door by answering your phone.

TeleDoorBell.

Java

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)