Good Experiences: FCP Groton & Victor Rocha ABS repair

1997 850GLT wagon...ABS light was on due to module failure. Found this fellow:

and sent the ABS module off for repair. Within a few days, had the unit back, installed and it is working perfectly (going on two months now). Victor provided excellent communication and instructions every step of the way.

I also needed some parts for the car (PNP switch, aux drive belt, air pump relay, plugs, filters). Found FCP Groton:

Prices couldn't be touched by my local suppliers (or others on the 'net as far as I could tell). Placed order on Monday - UPS ground - package was on my doorstep Tuesday (I'm one UPS zone away from them, thus overnight service).

Victor is a one-man operation, and FCP is a larger organization. Both executed flawlessly. Just thought I'd let you know, since it's so easy to post complaints -- once in awhile it's nice to be able to say something nice about folks that know how to treat their customers.

Just to take a swipe at Volvo (to keep things in balance :-) I'm eating crow with the rest of my American-car buying family, having a vehicle with only 82,000 miles on it experience the following, all within a 4 month period:

  1. ABS failure
  2. PNP switch failure (no backup lights)
  3. Secondary air injection pump failure (rusted/seized)

I'm hacking in a 12V aluminum blower I bought for $15 from a surplus dealer, instead of the $265 on a replacement air pump. Wish me luck.

Next car is going to be a Toyota Highlander, for sure.

-Randy

Reply to
Randy MacKenna

More than just price, service after the sale is unmatched - Nick Bauer at FCP is always my first choice.

Reply to
Bob(but not that Bob)

I'll second that.

RS