Hot ignition coil??

Hi! I've observed the symptom, that the ignition coil is hot when working. It's good or something is wrong??

Reply to
sq1euo

There is quite a lot of power used by the coil when working which will make it get hot under normal running conditions. When you can fry an egg on it then it is too hot. Check all connections to/from the coil and ignition amplifier. You will be looking for very good connections with no corrosion and as low resistance as possible. This will eliminate sources of over heating of the coil if you are worried about it. Sometimes the earth (ground) connections can cause overheating by being a bit dirty. As I said yesterday, the car looks very good, Jarek.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

U¿ytkownik "Peter K L Milnes" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

OK,. I check it. The coil is hot,..very hot. The car looks so good :) but I've fighted with this engine,..the mechanics haven't got any idea of bed working. But I've obssereved, that sometimes the engine, works so good,..the RPM is good, the acceleration and power is OK, anything is good,..but some days engine woorks so bad. The more noisy, lost the power, acceleration is no good. (when the temperature of air is hot, when day is sunny, engine works very good!).

And I don't know why engine, for example one day works very good,..but next three days engine works so bed. May be the coil is so hot and bad working,..may by my IACV works bad (Do IACV give some symtomps in normal driving if it's broken,..or only give symptoms on Idle speed??).

I don't know,...help me! :))

all the best...

Reply to
sq1euo

U¿ytkownik "Peter K L Milnes" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Tell me,..The coil and amplifire can be broke "a little" ?? or if it's broken, the engine in 100% wille be not working?

How can I check,that the coil and amplifire is good or not?

Reply to
sq1euo

How hot is hot? I can't tell from here, but coils to get warm while in use. Chances are it's OK, but what you need to do is find a similar car, and see if the coil is roughly the same temperature.

Reply to
Mike F