If 240 indicators don't work

If your indicators cease to work try flicking the hazard light switch on and off a few times. This has worked for me on at least 2 occasions over many years.

Reply to
Pete

Or just don't bother. You are in a Volvo 240, other people will notice this and get out of the way accordingly ;).

Reply to
Doki

the indicators are wired through the hazard light switch which gets a high resistance in it over time which stops the indicators working. This can be fixed with a few flicks on and off. I'm realising I didn't express this very well on my initial post !

Reply to
Pete

In my experience (probably depends on climate), the 240 is likely to develop oxidized fuses. The fuse box location is against the cool outer side of the passenger compartment, where moisture might condensate. If your windshield leaks ever so slightly the water tends to sip straight into the fuse box.

Open the fuse box and rotate all fuses a little, if you experience strange electrical problems in a 240.

Reply to
Gunnar Eikman

I rotate the fuses and spray with WD40 everytime i do an oil change. This seems to help heaps.

Paul

Reply to
PM

Ditch any fuses made of aluminium and replace 'em with copper fuses--less corrosion from the 2 different metals. Pete

Reply to
Pete