Help Renault Clio Indicators

Help!!!! My daughters Clio has this problem, when you indicate left or right the left indicators come on, both indicators come on when you unlock the car with the remote key so they do actually work. so far we have had the indicator switch and the hazard warning switch replaced but the problem still remains. Also sometimes the car wont start it just turns over and you have to have at least 8 attempts, its as if the imobiliser is attempting to stop the car starting. There is now talk of a =A3300 module replacement. If anyone can help we would be very gratefull

Thanks=20 Dave

Reply to
djkeates

Thanks Dave

the first fault is almost certainly the hazard switch. punch the switch on and off a good few times, the indicators will probably work ok after that.

other bits could be anything, sorry.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Ok thanks I will try that, although at the moment the car is at an autoelectricians and they say its not the hazard switch, but now you have me thinking. when the new indicator switch was fitted the indicators worked for 5 minutes and the reverted back tothe fault.

Thanks Dave

Reply to
djkeates

Clio's are ramed for dodgy earth connectors that corrode. Have a poke about onder the bonnet & check (take apart, clean and refit) any earth points you can find, especially near the indicator lamps.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Thanks I will try that, regarding the =A3300 pound module they say is needed, this is supposedly for the indicators, do they actually run through the imobiliser and could this cause this type of problem.

Reply to
djkeates

Thanks I will try that, regarding the £300 pound module they say is needed, this is supposedly for the indicators, do they actually run through the imobiliser and could this cause this type of problem.

What age of clio is it? Newer renaults tend to use Body Control Modules, which control alot of the electrics, and also the indicators.

Reply to
M Cuthill

Its a 2002 model

Reply to
djkeates

hi did u get it fixed i have the exact same problem !!!

Reply to
vickythevalk

Good luck, this post is over ten years old...

Reply to
Mark