KEY STUCK in V70 ignition

I'm having a bad day. I just changed to o2 sensor in my '99 V70. I cleared the computer and started the car up (while jacked up. It seemed fine. A few hours later, I took it off the jack, and tried to start it up (after cable tying the sensor wires out of the way. I tried to start it, and it cranked, but never started. I used the shift override, and put the car in neutral, and tried the same thing. Still won't start.

Unfortunately, after putting the car in park, I CANT take the key out (like it thinks it is in gear). It won't turn all the way to the proper position (by like 1 degree)

Any suggestions on getting my key out, and why she won't start)? No new error codes on the OBDII).

-thanks all,

-david p-

Reply to
David Plotner

Probably a stupid suggestion because you've probably tried it, but is the steering wheel locked as well?? if it is jammed in a lock position, you can turn the wheel while trying to release the key.

?
Reply to
Myron Samila

With an auto gearbox the key cannot be removed if the large button on the front of the auto shifter stick is stuck in.

I believe this should pop back out after being pressed in with a foot on the brake. Sometimes as with mine it gets sticky and doesn't pop out properly which prevents removal of the key.

I found mine was prone to doing it in hot weather but was resolved during the last service with some WD40.

Your problem could be different with the work that you have done and although I am not certain I believe there is a vacuum pipe from the brake switch. I would suggest that you have either trapped a vacuum pipe and\or knocked off a lead which is preventing the auto gearbox from allowing the engine to fire up. From the jacked up to lowered position something has moved and caused what is probably a simple problem.

Liam

Reply to
Noone