Need fuel level sender 92 Volvo 740 wagon

This one is the wagon with the turbo gas engine. Possibly the sedan is the same part?

THe sender in fuel tank is shot, checking with ohmmeter. Cheapest price on internet I found a few months ago was over $400.00. No Way!!!! I have been living with no fuel level indication for a long while, but now I am moving out in the country where its 50 miles into the city, need to get sender replaced. THe local junkyards couldn't supply.

Reply to
geronimo

fcpgroton has it for $270.

Reply to
Mr. V

I'm surprised you couldn't find one at a junkyard, I see loads of them although you never know whether it's good or not. Have you inspected the one you have? It's a pretty simple device, if it's open circuit it could be a broken connection or bent wiper.

Reply to
James Sweet