Need replacement remote locking device ...........TS

Both of the original remote door lock controlles for my '98 S70 have essientally disintegrated. They were extremely fragile in the beginning. I have managed to keep one working with epoxy cement, but am losing ground there. I am not ready to spend hundreds of dollars at my friendly Volvo dealership if it can be avoided.

While they are very friendly, they are not cheap.

Thanks, Ted

Reply to
Scherb066

Try EBay and just swap out the guts from the old remotes to the new covers. That way they don't need to be reset. I recently done this and 2 used remotes only cost $30

Rob

Reply to
Rob

"Scherb066" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I bought a new remote for my ´98 V70 at the local dealer and I paid approx.

1000DKK (180$) including the necessary mating to the cars alarm system. I´m afraid I don´t see any other possibilities than going to an authorized dealer.... You should be able to get a discount if you buy two units at the same time.
Reply to
Brian Sørup

Thanks for reporting the two sides to things. One for $30 and another for $180 Now I have to decide if the risks associated with Ebay outweighs the cheap price.

Reply to
Scherb066

Try this site:

98&model=S70 I've been looking at them for a new remote for my 850 but haven't ordered it yet. If you're in the US it may not be too bad but shipping to Europe is $12.

If you try them let me know (I'll post if I get one too).

Cheers! blurp

Reply to
blurp