Power chip in a XC90 2.5T

Merry Christmas to all!

Has anyone ever put a powerchip into a 2.5T motor? If so I am interested in finding out if you thought it was a worthwhile thing to do. What are the pluses and minuses?

While I am most interested to hear from those who have done it to a XC90, I would also value the opinions of those who have done it in other Volvos that share the same engine.

With a 20% increase in power (claimed) it seems on paper to be the best bang for buck to make my XC90 move along a bit better, however I really wonder what the reality is.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Rayner

If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

Don't you think Volvo would offer such a thing if it were an advantage?

-Bill

Mark Rayner wrote:

Reply to
Bill from www.rlstate.com

Dear Volvo friend, no problem to upgrade to 250 from Volvo's own tuner in Gotenborg Sweden,

Good luck,

Robert

"Mark Rayner" schreef in bericht news:Pkpjh.12516$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

Reply to
Volvo480

Considering that what Volvo offers has to comply with emissions laws and mileage requirements, no, they won't offer something that increases power by increasing emissions and fuel consumption.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Not necessarily. With a turbocharged engine you can very easily substantially increase the horsepower, at the expense of engine/gearbox life and fuel economy. The settings chosen by the factory are a compromise that best suits the average consumer.

Reply to
James Sweet