S60 stereo unit removal

I'm trying to get to the back of my Volvo S60 double din stereo and can't see how to get the damn thing out.

I've managed to remove the pen holder and two hex screws behind that for the heater switch panel. This has left the heater switch panel movable an the bottom, but IT will not come further.

Anyone got any ideas?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I had the same issue. The bottom seems to swing out and it feels like you are going to break the darned thing if you pull any hard. At one point I got so frustrated that i just decided to go for it and pulled really hard. It came right out

Reply to
CD

He is right. After removing the two screw at the bottom of the climate module pull the bottom of the unit up until you think your going to break something. Is should swing out. There are two steel tabs at the top that hold the unit in.

Reply to
volvoguy