Fiesta door handle removal

The passenger side handle ( outside)on our Fiesta has broken and needs replacing, has anyone done this before. I've had the interior door panel off and it looks like there's 2 screws holding the assembly in place but there's only access to one of them as the window runner and what looks like something that's boxed in is masking the other. Does all this have to be dismantled to get access to one bloody screw?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

IIRC the window channel is held on by one bolt at the bottom and the door lock anti theft shield is attached to the guide, unfortunately it is also glued to the door above the lock and is a pain to release and then wiggle out, again iirc I cut a bit off the anti theft cover to make it easier to refit.

I have one of these in on Tuesday for a new mirror and will refresh my memory then, but I am fairly sure the above is correct.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks Mr. C, I 'll wait for your reply.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford