S80 Replacing Pollen Filter

How do you replace the pollen filter on a 2002 Volvo S80? Just looking to save some $$ on repairs, but cannot find any guidance anywhere. Thanks.

"Default" skrev i meddelandet news:fg0Ue.2162$hB2.182@trnddc08...

It is placed under the glove compartments. It is replaced easily.

  1. Unscrew the two screws holding the panel above passengers feet.
  2. Remove the panel.
  3. Unscrew the four screws holding the black plastic lid.
  4. Remove the lid. Now some leaves and other stuff will fall out.
  5. Pull the filter straight down. Notice the filters positon.
  6. Now, do it all backwards!

/aw

Reply to
Anders Wiklund

Or:

there are 2 thicknesses of cabin filter now, depending on whetheryours has activated charcoal, and they are not interchangeable.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks, esp for the reference to Volvospeed. Got it changed out. Before the next time I will get a better 25 torx bit to use, though! Only had a bit for a drill, but with a pair of pliers I made do for this change.

where is the best place to purchase replacement filters?

price, quality...etc...

thanx !!

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

are you saying the charcoal filter will not fit into a s80 w/the standard one already fitted?

what should i do before ordering, have the vin ready or open up, inspect and measure which one my "00" s80 t6 is using..??

thanx !!

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Will the Charcoal one fit in a 2001 C70?

Reply to
Spectre

If your car has automatic climate control (i.e. two knobs which set the temperature for driver and passenger and an "Auto" button) then you need the charcoal filter. If not then you need the basic pollen filter. One or the other, not both.

Reply to
bweebar

thanx bweebar...i do have the auto....i see it listed on a few different web storefronts...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

The C70 is completely different. There is a charcoal one available that will fit in place of the normal one. I use the charcoal type in my '98s (S70&V70), which would be the same as your C70.

Reply to
Mike F

Mike F >> "Note there are 2 thicknesses of cabin filter now, depending on whether yours has activated charcoal, and they are not interchangeable."

i just got off the phone w/IPD ordering my replacement filter...the IPD guy told me both filters will work, as there are two sets of slots or rails for the filters to slide into...but, the charcol filter should be used w/the dual climate control units.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^