Spark plugs and right head light

Hi,

I have two problems with my '97 850 Wagon, and hope some expert(s) can help me. Thanx in advance.

  1. I'm unable to adjust my right head light beam--that is, to raise the beam higher (right now, it is pointing too low to ground to the point where visibility is limited), even thru I can adjust the left head light beam by turning the adjusting clockwise/counter clockwise to raise or lower the beam, respectively. Is there anyway to adjust the beam up without having to replace the entire headlight assembly?

  1. How often should I change my spark plugs. The maintenance states for every 30K miles, but I wonder if that is excessive. Also, what is the best spark plugs to use for the Volvo 850.

Reply to
Philip V Pham

The reflector is attached to the adjustment rods inside the headlight. These can come unsnapped if someone is a little too aggressive changing a bulb. Remove the cover for bulb replacement and see if the bulb and lens are loose inside the housing. I was able to snap one back together without taking the light off the car on a S70, which has somewhat larger "bulb changing holes" than the 850.

Reply to
Mike F

Upon reading your email, I removed the bulb, and discovered that prior owner is using a generic light assembly because the internal is loose contrast to the left headlight assembly. This is the culprit of this problem.

Reply to
Philip V Pham

Remember there are two adjustments one for sideways and one for up and down on each lens as well I think theres one for high beam as well on mine with high beam driving lights in the lens don't screw it too much as you need little adjustment I use a garage door with lines on it to get my lens focused correctly .All must be level the floor and the door as well as the car to get it right

Reply to
John Robertson