Starter Removal V6 PRV

Help. I am trying to replace the starter on my 1988 Volvo 780. I took out the two rear bolts but it still won't budge. Chiltions mentions something about a rear bracket, if installed. I do see a sort of cover/bracket on the rear of the starter, but I cant see what it is bolted to with all that stuff in the way. I can see a bolt running sideways that may be holding it to the block or something. I am working on it from the bottom of the car and have not removed the oil filter as Chiltons suggests for a V6, since it doesn't seem to be in the way.

How do you get this starter off?

Thanks.

Reply to
Smyrna5

Nevermind. I figured it out. Two stinking bolts hold the rear bracket to the block. One on top that you cant see, but you can feel. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Reply to
Smyrna5