Tailgate 740 Estate

1988 740 Estate

I had a problem with opening the tailgate, it would only open from the inside. I changed everything even the central locking on the tailgate and all worked fine. In the last few days the problem is back, unable to open tailgate only from inside.

Reply to
noreply

When you close it, try making sure that the outer handle is pushed fully down. If you don't do this on mine, the central locking can't unlock it.

This does seem to be a problem area on 740 estates.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Same thing happened to me when I had a 1986 740 gl estate. I think the problem is caused by a broken return spring on the handle.

Reply to
Ken Hutchison