Timingbelt renew s80 2.9 L (from '99)

How can tell my if the waterpump also by a volvo s80 2.9 L (from '99) must be renewed with a timingbelt renew at 90,000 miles (165,000 km) ??

thnx.

WW

Reply to
Wim Wijnen

Who can tell my if the waterpump also by a volvo s80 2.9 L (from '99) must be renewed with a timingbelt renew at 90,000 miles (165,000 km) ??

thnx. (sorry for my poor English)

WW

Reply to
Wim Wijnen

No one can tell for sure. If the pump is not leaking and the bearings are smooth and tight, then it's probably OK. However you can never be

100% sure. You may put a new one in there, be really unlucky, and have it fail almost immediately.
Reply to
Mike F

No , its not a compulsory change, however the water pump along with the tensioner and idler is very much recommended to be changed with the belt.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Some manufacturers recommend changing the water pump at the same time as the timing belt - but not Volvo.

Mine failed 1000 miles after the 80,000 service, when the timing belt was changed.

Nothing on the Volvo service sheets about even checking the water pump!

*Griping related to my 1996 855 model*

AB

Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of stuff :( wrote:

Reply to
AB