Turbo problem with by 2001 V40 1.9D

I would like to ask a question about V40 diesel 1.9 engines. This week-end while driving in France, I had a sudden loss of power and after some kilometers, I have seen brown/black (hard to know it was nightime) smoke behind the car. When I tried to slow down I noticed the engine was acting as if I was still accelerating. The astonishing thing is that when I stop the car and took out the keys, the engine continued to work for more than a minute at very high regime. The garage told me that it was because the turbo oil leaked inside the engine. Besides this technical considerations (I really don't know much about it), a colleague today told me he had EXACTLY the same experience with his S40 (he had to change the engine). So I would like to know if this is a known problem on volvo, if this a "feature" of this engine ? My car is from 01/2001 and has 120 000 kms. I am not a "crazy driver" and my maintenance booklet shows that I always performed the maintenance in time.

If somebody experienced the same problem, he can contact me.

Thanks a lot.

PS : sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Reply to
the bidon