V 70 2.3 Estate 2001

I am going to buy the above with 79000 on the clock. What should I know about this car. UK Based

Reply to
Andy Mann

2.3? So its a T5?

If auto, check it changes gear without slipping, check for any strange and random messages on the dash, check the Service history is bang on, the front tyres for uneven or excess wear (and get friendly with your tyre dealer!) If wear is uneven this can mean big /alignment suspension problems.

Check the climate responds properly to the controls, some have a mind of their own, and that the rear suspension isnt tired from excessive towing (if there is a hitch) or from constant heavy loads.

Which model is this T5? Spec is important when it comes to selling on..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim.. (Remove Safetycatch)

Service history is bang on. Has a message about emissions on dash but dealer is going to get that sorted. Both front tyres are low in tread but dealer has put new on.

What else can go wrong, how many miles are these cars good for.

Reply to
Andy Mann

Reply to
Andy Mann

So is it a 140, 170 or 2.4t 200 / 210 hp??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..