V 70 Turning lock

I have just bought a V70 after owning a 740.

When it comes to making tight turns it appears as though the turning lock on the V 70 is a lot less than on the 740, am I correct.

Reply to
Andy Mann

The FWD's turning circle is alot less due to in the main the width of the front tyres. The stops are adjustable, so if for instance you fitted narrow snow tyres you could increase the turning angle without the tyres contacting the arch liners.

The old shape 70 series fitted with 185 section tyres the lock is very tight, on a t5 with 225 sections, its very poor!

If you check carefully and find even on full lock there is plenty of tyre to arch clearance you could re-adjust the stops to give you alittle more lock.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's because its a FWD car with a long, transversely mounted engine.

Reply to
Rob Guenther