V40 leaking

Have a V40 (one of the very first models, whatever year that was) which is leaking from somewhere into the right side of the boot/trunk. Had all the lining out but couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

Is this a known issue, or does anyone have any helpful advice?

Cheers! Nick

Reply to
Nick

Have you checked to roof top aerial, water may be passing the grommit and tracking along the aerial lead.

Reply to
David R Jenkins

Also check around the washer nob. It gets in there too.

Reply to
Nobody

Thanks guys, I shall investigate. Although I think we came to the conclusion that it was coming from somewhere on the top of the body but not from the aerial and not from anywhere in the boot lid. What's under those roof-rack rail things? Could there be a leak under one of those?

Thanks for your suggestions!

- Nick

Reply to
Nick

Your right its most likely to be coming in from under the roof rails, you need to pull the rails off and silicone seal under them near the tailgate end as this is where most water gets into the boot area and runs down the piller

Reply to
Munki

need to pull the rails off and silicone seal under them near the tailgate end as this is where most water gets into the boot area and runs down the piller

Ahhhhhhh! Right, I'll certainly go for that one! Only thing is - how do I get the rails off? Just give them a really good pull?

Cheers!

-Nick

Reply to
Nick