V40 - rear centre light leak.

Hi,

I have just noticed water dripping through the central light on my 1999 V40.

Anyone any thoughts, like is the leak at the light or could it be getting there from somewhere else?

I do park on a slight down slope - with the front down the slope. Have only

*noticed* this once after I left the sunroof open on tilt one night but I am sure it couldn't be that because of the slope - though I would mention it anyway!

Cheers. Roger.

Reply to
Rog

Keep your sunroof closed when parked up and mop up all the water that has collected inside your roof.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

When you say central light, do you mean the centre stoplight?

If so, like mine, it leaks in from the water spray duct on the roof. It is quite hard to get to it from the inside of the tailgate - suggest some blue tac on your finger which is clumsy, but probably the easiest way, and try to wrap it around the duct inside. The top of mine is covered by the spoiler as well so is doubly hard to get to.

Reply to
Nobody