V40 newbie question ...

Greetings aav

I have just purchased a 1998 V40 2.0i, here in the UK, and I want to change the engine oil asap, as I do with any vehicle when I acquire it. Question is - what dimensions and material are the sump plug washer? (Solid Copper suitable for annealing and re-use, squishy disposable thing ... etc ...?) I can't tell until its off, and although I'm pretty sure I have a suitable replacement here I don't want to get caught out.

Cheers

Reply to
Roger Hunt

Aluminium washer (not re-useable) Volvo part no. 977751

According to:

dimensions are 18x24x1.50

Cost 85p from my Volvo dealer last year.

Reply to
bweebar

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, bweebar typed this :

Thank you! And those links will be useful too - bookmarked.

Regards

Reply to
Roger Hunt