v70 2.4t start problem - any ideas?

When i try to start the car i can hear an ongoing "clicking sound" and the start engine does not try to start the car. All the lamps in the front panel turn on and off continuasely and rapidly until i turn the "ingnition key" off.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

The car is a V70 2.4T - 2000.

Reply to
Pat

Sounds like a (nearly) dead battery. Try a boost, see what happens.

Reply to
Mike F

My 2002 V70 also had similar symptoms - the battery ran down because the glove compartment light did not properly shut off when the glove compartment door was closed.. service adjusted shut-off switch - batter was re-charged OK. and no problems since then

Bruce

Pat wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Bowman

The battery is OK - so the problem must be something else.

But what?

/Pat

"Bruce Bowman" skrev i meddelandet news:MDGIb.10392$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Pat

Just changed your battery? Maybe they didn't thighten one of the connections thouroughly. Happened to me once. Also check the fluid level in your battery. If there is plenty of voltage but no amps, this gives these symptoms. Recharge battery first, the try again. Let us know.

El Mecky

1999 V70 2.0 automatic on LPG. Want to buy all possible options for this car and/or complete 200, 700 or 900 stationwagon on LPG (or regular with less then 140K Km) in europe. "Pat" schreef in bericht news:W4%Ib.40628$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...
Reply to
El Mecky