V70 manual transmission problem

I have 99 V70 with manual transmission with 128k miles on it. When I press the clutch and put in the first gear the car jumps a bit like something got mechanically engaged. This is still with the clutch fully pressed. I speculate that this may be a problem with the transmission synchronizer. Would changing transmission fluid cure the problem? Any experiences with that?

-Peter

Reply to
Peter Ziobrzynski

No - the problem is in the clutch - which isn't disengaging fully.

Reply to
Roger Mills

good point - I will check that.... thanks

-Peter

Reply to
Peter Ziobrzynski

Interesting ! I have a 96 volvo 850 wagon, of 93K. It is automatic. When I cold-start this car every morning, I have some similar feeling, the car jumps a bit. I know little about volvo and thought that is how it works. Could that be the same problem ?

-cji

Reply to
chunji08

No.