99 TJ manual transmission problem

I have a 99 TJ with the 6 cylinder engine and manual transmission. On occasion it doesn't always fully engage in first gear (i.e. waiting for the light to turn green) and when I let out of the clutch it "pops" out of first gear. Of course, I then quickly shift to neutral and back into first and everything is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it sounds like driver error, but it truly "feels" like it's all the way in gear.

Regards,

Cal

p.s. anyone else every gone to a Jeep Jamboree?

Reply to
Cal Myers

You could be describing the symptoms of a dead engine or tranny mount. If bad, they allow the engine and tranny to move which can cause the shifter to hit and not go all the way into gear.

Mike

Cal Myers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain