Virgo install on a 144 question

I recently purchased a decent set of the Virgo turbo style rims to install on my '74 144. They fit fine but I'm not sure how to fit the center caps on the front wheels as they seem to be obstructed by a copper colored part of the hub assembly. Can I safely remove that part or do I need to roll without center caps for the front tires?

Reply to
b4_ford

Those covers keep the grease in and the dust and water out of your front wheel bearings. Don't remove them! However, maybe you could "reshape" them with a hammer, nothing bad will happen if they're knocked down to the height of the end of the stub axle.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks for the info. I can always get an answer around here! (Although I did figure out how to mount 240 seats in my 140 on my own!)

Reply to
b4_ford