volvo 740gle dashboard

i am having problems with my 740gle estate dashboard lights, there are no backlights for speedo rev counter and clock. Also there are no cockpit lights for heater controls, foglights mainlights, basically no illumination anywhere. The fuses are all fine as are all the bulbs as far as i can see, as i have had the dashboard out and had a good look. Another thing, the odometer counter and milage counter do not work, but the speedo needle does, any ideas, thanks

Reply to
musemuse

My guess is that they aren't being supplied power by the light switch. Have you used a multimeter or test lamp?

This isn't related to the lights - I'd take the speedo into a repair shop and have them check it out. I've always seen them fail the other way where the odometer works and the spedo stops.

-K

Reply to
Kelsey Cummings

Check the dimmer rheostat, they occasionally burn out, usually a short during careless bulb replacment.

Reply to
James Sweet