Volvo engine oil 740 v70

I owned a Volvo 740 and used a standard W 10 40 natural oil. I now own a V70, I checked the oil today on the V70 and noticed it was down a little. I checked the V70 handbook which said that the oil was the same as used in the 740 so I topped the engine up. I now realise that maybe the car has synthetic oil and I have added natural oil, do I have a problem as I may have mixed synthetic with a standard natural oil.

Reply to
Wayne Kerr

Synthetic and normal oil will mix just fine, it won't cause any problems.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Wayne Kerr

No worries on that! The myth that there would be some harm mixing conventional and synthetic oils is just that, a myth.

John

Reply to
John Horner