'99 V70R questions

Do the intercoolers on the V70's have the drain plug in the bottom? I don't want to go digging for it unless it is there. (I think my turbo is blowing lots of oil.)

Also, is there any decent service manuals for the '99 V70R AWD besides the VADIS CDs? I really don't want to spend $240 for the manuals.

-K

Reply to
Kelsey Cummings

Intercoolers?? I think you mean intercooler, for it has only one, and it has no drain plug. If you want to drain it, why not just remove the lower hose. Vadis goes for a few dollars on ebay.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

If you remove the plastic piece that ducts air from below the bumper through the condensor/intercooler/rad, you'll see is has a chamber that holds the oil that blows out a small bleed nipple in the bottom of the intercooler. So water and oil are continually being drained.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks, that would explain why it's wet down there.

-K

Reply to
Kelsey Cummings