a/c error

Hi,

I have v70 12'99 with 2,5TDI engine. After starting engine two orange lights (a/c OFF button and "recilculation" button) are blinking for a while. I read in manual that shows an error in A/C. What can be wrong? Can I check this alone or should I to dealer?

Piotr

Reply to
lucky

This means there's a fault in the system. Someone with the correct electronic reader can tell you what part the error code will point you to. Often it's the heater motor - the ECU monitors the current used per applied voltage, and turns the motor off if the value is too high to protect the control circuit.

However you could start by cleaning the dust out of the temperature sensor grille on the dash between the rocker switches and temperature control. That at least won't cost anything, it may fix the problem, and the dust probably need to be cleaned out anyway.

Reply to
Mike F

I would concur with that, try something simple that may fix it before plunging at the dealer.

A couple of days ago I was messing with the interior dome lamp on my recently aquired 89 780, could not get the dome lamp to come on.

When I removed the whole assembly and noticed there was corrosion on all the contacts, I removed the whole thing and resolved to later clean it up and retest.

Immediately upon starting the vehicle (with the whoes lamp assembly disconnected) I noticed the a/c compressor lamp and recirculate switch blinking.

retracing my steps, I found the temp sensor in the dome lamp assy.

Of course once I plugged the whole thing back in, all was fine.

I didn't even know the sensor was there, but learned a good lesson for the future.

So the little things can make a BIG difference.

Not sure about your model, but if the temp sensor is on the dash, that would be a great place to start, probably get a lot more dust on it in that location.

Reply to
vinran1