WANTED: NEW Volvo 740 radio cassette (UK)

can anyone tell me where i can get a NEW or UNUSED or BARELY USED radi cassette for a UK Volvo 740 ?

i think its a CR-702....

Anyone's help is appreciated

Regards

Davi

-- javelinp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- javelinpc's Profile:

this thread:

javelinpc

Try Volvo Owners Club website "Wanted - cars and parts" forum.

- on first page look for Community Forums link. All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).

"javelinpc" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

They haven't made them in around 15 years, unless someone still has a barely used one stashed in a closet from upgrading to an aftermarket unit then you'll probably have to settle on cleaning up and fixing an old used unit. Ebay might be a good place to find one.

Personally I'm not sure why someone would want a 740 factory radio, they weren't particularly great even when new. It's hard to find an aftermarket unit that isn't gaudy but when you do, the performance and features are far superior.

Reply to
James Sweet

Unless you're restoring a Volvo to concourse condition I'd go for an up to date system that will give you mp3 playback from USB memory sticks (or similar). They're not all that expensive now. Lidl are advertising one for £60 although I'd be wary of the quality of that one.

Reply to
Crazy Dog

Hi David:

I may just have what you're looking for, but don't know if the frequency is compatible with what you use in Australia? In Canada and the rest of North America we have what are called the FM (frequency modulation) and AM (amplitude modulation) bands.

I have a slightly used TD-3141, less the external amplifier. I owned a 1985

740 GLE and replaced mine around 1988 with a similar unit that my friend gave me from his newer 740 Turbo.. In Canada, the winter salt would gum up the power antenae and the newer unit would not raise the antenae when using the cassette unit.

Does anyone know if this unit will work in Australia and whether the controls are reversed? You can e-mail me - snipped-for-privacy@cvolvo.com if interested and I can send photos, etc.... Cam

"javelinpc" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
RiverLink