www.v40.website.pl

On 29 Oct 2003, "Adrian ;-\)" tapped on a keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Looks very sexy. I want to get a Volvo Wagon next year. Wonder if this one will be available in the USA..?

Reply to
Larry Jandro

On 29 Oct 2003, Larry Jandro tapped on a keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Oops... I just checked. It *is* available here.

Reply to
Larry Jandro

"Larry Jandro" skrev i en meddelelse

Not for long. The all-new S40 has just been presented, and the V40 will be replaced by a V50. They will also be available in the States.

Reply to
Vestman

But it probably won't be anymore next year. The current 40 series was introduced in 1996 and will be replaced very soon. By the way, these cars (based on the Mitsubishi Carisma platform) aren't famous for being reliable or otherwise very good (but there are also many satisfied owners).

I drove V40s twice (when my '86 360 was in the garage for maintenance). One was a 1.8 GDI, the other a 1.6i. The latter one was just plain horrible to drive because of the engine which had virtually no power at all unless pushed to >4000 rpm, but then it sounded much more sporty (almost like an F1 racing car) than it really was. The 1.8 GDI was better (and very silent) but I still enjoyed getting back into my old vehicle (though leather equipment, A/C and all this stuff can be quite enjoyable too).

Reply to
Lars Trebing