You know its time for a new car when.....

......there are cars in the breakers in better condition than the one you are driving!

Just got back from breakers looking for a new headlight lens for my 440 (i hate flying bricks) and i found a 440 same age as mine, in mint condition with a ford mondeo sitting on its head.

I swear it was nicer than mine!

Needless to say, its short fn a headlight now.

Reply to
vertuas

I know exactly what you mean.

I bought a donor 740 with a view to putting the whole interior in to my original; I have ended up driving the donor instead!

Reply to
Steve Rodgers

But nobody loves it.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes

I love the 440. But only newest ones, with motor 1.8 or 2.0 Fast, reliable and cheap.

And the Mondeo: I also have an old '91 Peugeot oldfashioned 1.9 Diesel (no direct injection, not even turbo). Top speed (160 km/h) is lower than that of my brother in law's Ford Mondeo turbodiesel. But when we drove through Germany, uphill he couldn't keep up with my old car....

But the Volvo is really good. Only does 4000 rpm at 160 km/h. Ours has run for 230.000 km now, and still runs like new.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Hoeben