What's new for 2005 Escape ?

I hear it's coming out in less than 2 months. I really need a new vehicle now, but will make do for a short while longer only if some needed features on a mid-size "American" SUV become available.

Now that fuel prices are much higher than 4 years ago, will there be a

5-speed manual tranny available for its V-6 engine? How about a transfer case having a low gear? Will that white background instrument cluster be replaced with a nicer cluster? And will there be a better grade of leather for the seats?
Reply to
Knack

Yeah. There is a 5-speed Tribute with a V-6 available.

Don't know.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

(long link, cut & paste)

The changes are mostly cosmetic. The 2.0L Zetec 4-cylinder has been replaced with a 153hp 2.3L. Same engine now used in the Focus and I think related to the 2.3L in the Mazda6. The 4WD is now fully automatic. There is a new dash, although the pictures still show white gauges.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann