'00 Passat 1.8T 5spd ignition delay

Something rather peculiar is happening on my 2000 Passat Wagon 1.8T

5spd. The first start of the day is always immediate. But on subsequent starts, especially when they're w/in a couple of hours (I hate to say it, but it almost seems related to the 1st counter which resets automatically after 2 hours) of the first, I have to hold the key in the "ignite" position for a few seconds, clutch depressed, before the engine will turn over (after which it starts right away).

Is this a "feature" or is something wrong? It starts religiously as described above - I'm just concerned if it's normal or not, and if not I'm curious as to what might be going on.

Reply to
Duke Ionescu