Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mechanic Thinks Engine Computer Failed on 93 Passat
I posted this on the wrong forum at first. I included a kind reply from that forum: I have a 93 4-speed manual 2 litre. It started bucking, and my
2
2

91Jetta - no power
1991 Jetta (Mex) 1.8L auto digifant I'm out of ideas.... Car was running fine, and still is except I found the car has no power when climbing hills -or- on the level, I push the accelerator pedal to...
3
3

Replacing driver's side curtain and driver's side seat airbags... '04 Jetta
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me all the parts that would be necessary to replace if my side curtain airbag and side seat airbag went off in my '04 Jetta GLS. It has leather seats and the...
2
2

04 Passat vibration?
I have an 04 Passat with 24,000 miles. Country roads, no commute, little traffic. When I apply the brakes I get an incredible vibration. It feels like the rotors are warped. Any ideas? Thanks in...
8
8

1.8L '86 Jetta not charging the battery
I have continuity from the b+ terminal all the way to the fuse panel, continuity from the alternator body to the negative termianl of the battery and from the battery post to the positve battery...
4
4

S.O.S 2000 jetta 2.0l runs like Crap missfires S.O.S
hello boys and girls Im new in here :) I have a problem with a jetta 2000 2.0l 90000miles Car idle rought .no power ,backfire in the air box ,hard to rev up basicaly undrivable ! here the code I got...
3
3

What do I do with a beat up but drivable jetta?
I have an '88 Jetta with approximately 125K miles. It looks like hell. Serious body damage (but no rust). Faded paint. Back seat has a nasty rip. Nonetheless, it is perfectly drivable. It has been in...
29
29

Replacing the driver's side mirror
An unfortunate altercation with a parking garage pole has left my driver's side mirror in shambles. I maintain that the pole was clearly at fault, although it was admittedly not moving at the time. Is...
6
6

02 JETTA ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
My hazard lights come on randomly even when the car is turned off. The hazard lights come on randomly and more frequently when driving than when parked. When parked they come on only once every few...
2
2

High gear
Going down the street, went through the gears on my 88 VW Fox wagon. 4th/high gear failed to engage, makes no noise, nothing, like it didn't exist. Moved the shifter around through its paces, still...
7
7

Golf keeps cutting out, pls help??
Hi It has been two months since i drove my car, Golf 1.4E. When i tried starting it today, the battery was dead. I got the jump leads out and used the power from another car to get mine started....
2
2

LEDs for instrument cluster and VDO gages
Has anyone replaced their stock incandescent bulbs in their instrument cluster and in their VDO gages? I want to do that for my 1988 VW (Rabbit) Cabriolet Convertible. If you have details (where I can...
11
11

FA: Diecast Audi LM cars including rare Crocodile R8 and others
Cool 1/18th Audi R8Rs, R8 (including rare crocodile car), diecast Mercedes CLK-GTRs, BMW LMR ends Sunday 2/16. Thanks for looking
3
3

98 Jetta fast blink turn sig/LED lights
Hi, Our 98 Jetta GL gets the fast blinking turn signal which seems to mean a bad connection. I take the light out, front or back, clean the contacts, and it is good for awhile. I'm wondering if LED...
5
5

Golf RPMs
I just got a 2006 Golf GL 5-speed manual with a 2.0 liter engine, and at 70 mph the tachometer registers about 3600 RPMs. That's about 1000 RPMs higher than any other car I've owned running at the...
10
10