1984 Jetta GL

Hi everyone I just bought a 84' Jetta I just had a question right by the stick shift there are 3 gauges the first is the Voltage gauge, The second one says "BAR" on the top I'm not sure what this one is for and the last one on the right is degrees in celcius I think I spelled that right? I am new to the water-cooled world used to have only air-cooled. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Reply to
mike

I believe that is actually oil temperature as there is a water temp gauge in the main instrument panel. Had a similar gauge panel in my '84 GTI but instead of an oil pressure gauge it had a (busted) clock. Not sure why the Cabbys and Jettas got an OP gauge but the GTIs did not.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

Thanks for the info guys