2001 Jetta

I had just bought a Jetta 2001. It had a problem with moving the shift-stick out of Park to Drive at start up when cold. Then, the " MIL check " ( Malfanction Ignition Light ) came on and stayed on. At one time, the anti-theft alarm came on every few minutes, but I believe my daughter had not closed the trunk door properly - I solved that problem. Now, the shift-stick seems to be alright when the car is cold. I was told the car had been sitting in the car lot for a long time. Now, the computer is reset. But the "Mulfunction Light" ( MIL ) still stays on. The book says there's something wrong with the emmission control system. I would appreciate someone tell me how serious this problem is.

Thanks in advance

Emanuel

Reply to
Rufus

Get it scanned for faults! Not much can be done until then.

Reply to
Woodchuck