1993 Passat GLX Rack

My Passat has started leaking Power Sterring Fluid really bad. I've been looking at the prices for a rebuilt rack (ouch!).

I haven't done a rack before and was wondering how bad it it? Has anyone done it on this model/year Passat? Any special *magical* VW tools needed?

I know, the book for this car is nonexistent, but if someone has a book/steps and would share them with me that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Reply to
Michael_Smith

I forgot to add something.

It's leaking on both sides. It's coming out of the boot and running out. I was wondering it it is 'normal' to have it fail on both sides or does that remind someone of an additional problem.

Again, Thanks

Reply to
Michael_Smith