2000 Beetle Oil Pan AEG? Do I have an oil sender???

How can I tell if I have an oil level sender?

I have a 2000 Gas Beetle 2.0, aeg. I crushed the pan and need to buy a new one. I bought one with provision for a sender.. do I have a sender? How do I check? Do I have to pull the pan to check?

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew

You would see it bolted to the very bottom of the oil pan next to the drain plug.

Reply to
Madesio

Reply to
Andrew

and have an electrical connector.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Since you don't see the sending unit attached to the original, then the oil pan you've received from your parts source is indeed the proper part for your AEG motor.

Reply to
Madesio