2000 Beetle Radio treble/bass won't adjust?

I must be missing something here. It looks like I should just be able to select Bass or Treble and turn the volume to adjust the tone- it works for balance/fader. But All I get is "+C" for treble and "+E" when I select bass. Is there some secret button sequence to make the tone controls adjustable? I assume this is the standard am/fm/cassette/CD changer head end (I've had this TDI for a week) Also, the horn beeps with the remote lock, but not with the steering wheel horn button. All fuses seem ok... Ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
comcast

Steve.

I don't know about your radio but there are two different horns. One for the alarm and a regular set.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Just had the two horns replaced on my 2000 last year and VW America said they would pay for it. Still waiting to get the refund. Same issue, alarm horn worked and you could hear the relay click but the horns wouldn't sound. Had to wait weeks for the horns to come in. Good luck

-Rick

Reply to
Carolina