2002 1.8T Passat Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor replacement

The engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor (G62) is faulty on my 2002

1.8T Passat. Looking at my Bentley manual on page G24-3, shows the location, but I can't find it there. All i have found was a sensor behind the cyclinder head that was horizontal, with two leads. That's not it.

There sure isn't much space there, anybody have experience with tips and tricks?

Appreciated.

Wynn

Reply to
davitusrider

Yep, it's in the back just beside the combi valve. 4yr/50,000mile warranty.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

I found it. It's buried. I cut away the tie wraps, and took off the recalled three way crankcase breather hose. I ended up grinding away the barbed tip to take off the steel bands.

I think I should disconnect the spark plug connectors to make more space, but haven't figured that out.

How does the connector on the ECT come off anyway?

Lost > Yep, it's in the back just beside the combi valve. 4yr/50,000mile warranty. >

Reply to
davitusrider