2004 Jetta TDI Oil Change Question

How many quarts of oil does the Jetta take? My 2002 Jetta TDI took 4 quarts, my local VW dealer charged me for 5 quarts on my 2004 Jetta TDI. Was there a change made in the oil capacity ? Best, Rob

Reply to
tug99

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

WIth filter change isnt it something like 4.7 quarts? Seems this discussion came up a few weeks ago with someone whining about having some leftover oil in a quart that he just couldnt handle.

Reply to
Biz

I'll bet that Jets TDI took more like 4.X quarts. VW is just rounding up.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Mike Hockstiff

The *total capacity* is 4.something quarts. However, the VW instructions say to put 4 qts in, and check the level, adding if necessary. Whenever they put in more than 4 qts it's likely they've overfilled it. Quite a bit of oil stays in the engine - sticking to the metal surfaces, etc.

Reply to
Wakeley Purple

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

The fill is between 4.5 & 4.7 quarts. So that's why you were charged for

5qts!
Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to