(2006 Jetta) Tape deck or Auxilliary Input Jack?

Hello. I had heard that the 2006 Jetta 2.5 could not have a tape deck installed, even as a dealer option, because of some chip. I think an Auxilliary Input Jack has been mentioned as an idea, but does VW have one that they offer as a dealer installed (with warranty) option?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David E. Powell

VW doesn't seem to offer a tape deck, even a dealer option model, in the 2006 Jetta. Do they offer an installed Auxiliiary Input Jack for audio on them?

Curious because my mom is shopping and wants a car she can hook her dance tapes up to.

Reply to
David E. Powell

Transfer those tapes to CD.

Reply to
Papa

Well, yeah, that's what everyone says to do. But it would be nice if they have a tape deck option, as Honda, Toyota, Acura, Chrysler and even Suzuki do.

Reply to
David E. Powell

Ah, but they don't.

Reply to
Papa

I'll trade ya for the tape deck in my '97 Golf. :)

Seriously, while it doesn't technically answer the question, why not an FM modulator, hooked up to a walkman, or similar?

Reply to
lamerfreak

Actually, shopping for cars at area dealerships, the tape deck is available as an option as part of sound system packages in the:

Toyota Camry Acura TL Suzuki Forenza Chrysler Sebring

Test drove cars of this type with the deck sitting right there in the dash with the CD player.

It is available as a dealer option in the Honda Civic, and either as dealer or factory option in the Accord. So yes, they do.

David

Reply to
David E. Powell

I thought we were talking about the 2006 Jetta.

Reply to
Papa