'95 Jetta door drops

Still working out issues with this new-to-me Jetta....driver door out of kilter, doesn't close exactly right, has about 1/4 inch of up and down play.....anybody experience this and knows the fix for it?

Reply to
Labrea

I suggest a local body shop. They will be best able to assess and maybe just adjust and tighten. Maybe it will be more complex.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Agreed. There are too many ways to interpret 'up and down play'. Could be the striker needing adjusted, a seriously pranged body, or several other things in between.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Door hinge pins?!?! I'd say they are worn, no?

Reply to
Robert

Reply to
none2u