96 Jetta oil leak

I have a 96 GL III 2.0 that is leaking oil. It almost looks like the oil is coming from a sensor on the right side of the engine. The sensor is located on the right side of the engine just above the plastic housing where the coolant hoses connect. Might there be a gasket behind this nut that needs replaced?

Thanks

Reply to
Jer

I would guess that this switch is your oil pressure switch on the cylinder head. CHANGE IT NOW BEFORE IT BLOWS!! The are relatively inexpensive from the dealer and should come with their own gasket. It could also be the valve cover gasket!!

dave

Oil pressure switch! Just replace it!

Reply to
Woodchuck