97 Cabrio- Alarm system schematics

Am I reading these schematics [in the Bentley service manual- pp97-283 & 97-284] right-- and is my 'theory' faulty?

It looks to me like each of the sensors- hood, doors, gas door & trunk- are 'open' switches when that door is closed. So unplugging them simulates a closed door.[?]

*If* that is correct- then if I unplug all of them & my alarm won't reset, then it is the module for sure. [and if it does- then I can plug them back in until I find the trouble.]

I can't find the switch in the trunk- the one in the gas door is definately missing- I unhooked the one on the hood- and I've peeled off the doorpanel on the passenger side. [That's where I tripped it when it wouldn't reset.]

Thanks again, Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Hallelujah!

I'm sorta out of the dark. The box of fuses under the passenger seat were enough of a hint that I checked my owners manual and Bentley to see what fuse ran the alarm system.

Neither page with the fuses and their uses in both manuals showed an alarm fuse. The schematic in Bentley mentions fuses 21 & 22. I finally looked at them and 21 was blown.

Bingo. At least I didn't call the dealer for a tow and service call to replace that fuse!

Now to find out why it has been blowing. [A hint might be that it also runs the cargo area light and that still doesn't work.]

Thanks- Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht